QuickBooks periodically releases its update that includes bug fixes, various latest features, additional security, and much more. However, while updating QuickBooks or payroll, users often face several QuickBooks Update Error due to many technical reasons or lack of knowledge.
The QB Update Error generally shows various codes and each of the Error Code indicates the particular issue that the system is facing.
We’re confident that reading this ultimate guide on QuickBooks Update Error codes will help you understand various QB Update Error Codes along with their most effective solutions.
Moreover, as exploring the reasons for QB Update Error codes will help you understand the error and prevent it from reappearing, let’s begin with exploring the reasons causing QuickBooks Update Error.
Reasons For QuickBooks Update Error
There are several QuickBooks Update Error Codes such as QuickBooks Error 15227, 16026, 15101, etc. Each of these error codes indicates a particular QB Update issue.
However, they have one thing that is common among them and that is the reasons causing them to appear are similar. Check them below:
1: No Administrative Rights – In order to utilize QuickBooks, having admin rights is a must for users. Therefore, having no admin rights is one of the major causes for several QuickBooks Update Error codes.
2: Invalid Date and Time of the system – Time and date serve an important role in QuickBooks software and in case the date and time on your system are incorrect, it is most likely to cause various Quickbook Pro Update Error and numerous other QB Update Error Code.
3: Improper Windows Firewall Configuration – Windows Firewall protects your PC from malware and threats. However, in case the windows firewall is configured highly restrictive, it is likely to misidentify QuickBooks as a threat and thus causing the QuickBooks Update Error.
4: Multiple QuickBooks Desktop Installation on a system – Having more than one QB Desktop Installation on a system may cause the no version of QuickBooks was found to update error and thus result in other QB Update Error Codes emergence.
5: Damaged QB-Related Components – In case the Qb-related components get corrupt or removed mistakenly, it is likely to cause trouble in the QuickBooks software causing the QuickBooks Update Error.
6: Antivirus and UAC Settings – A highly restrictive settings of User Account Control or antivirus can interfere with the QuickBooks functionalities and may lead to QuickBooks Update Error Codes.
Full Collection Of QuickBooks Update Error Codes
As we examined the reasons leading to QuickBooks Update Error emergence, now let’s quickly understand each type of code that appears during QB Update Error, commonly known as QuickBooks Update Error Codes.
|QuickBooks Update Error Codes||General Occurrence|
|QuickBooks Error Code 16026||When users try to upgrade QuickBooks|
|QuickBooks Error Code 15240||While Payroll Update|
|QB Error Code 15271||When the file cannot be validated|
|QB Error Code 12152||When QB can’t connect with the server|
|QB Error Code 15101||During sofware update|
|QB Update Error 12007||During update or configuring payroll|
|QuickBooks Error Code 15102||While downloading Update|
|QB Error 1603 and 17337||During Payroll Update|
|QuickBooks Error Code 15227||When essential files are absent|
|QB Error Code PS058||Damaged QuickBooks Company Files|
Common Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Update Error Codes
Despite indicating a distinct issue for the QuickBooks error, the majority of QuickBooks Update Error Codes are fixable via the below-described solutions.
Solution 1: Fix The Date And Time Settings On Your System
As discussed in the causes of QuickBooks Update Error, an invalid date and time settings on your system cause the Update Error.
Therefore, on the right side of your system’s screen, ensure if the date and time are correct or else follow:
- Firstly, right-tap on the date/time appearing on the right side of the screen and choose “Change Date and Time Settings”.
- Thereafter, untick the option “Set Time Automatically” from there.
- Afterward, set the date and time appropriately.
- Now, enable “Set time automatically” and match the date and time.
- Finally, save changes and perform a restart.
Solution 2: Disable UAC
It is clear that the UAC (User Account Control) is one of the causes for QuickBooks Error 3371, therefore perform the following tasks to disable the UAC.
- Firstly, “Win+R” together.
- Thereafter, input “Control Panel”.
- Next, hit “Enter” and locate “System and Security”.
- Now, tap “Security Maintenance” then “User-Accounts”.
- Thereafter, tap “Change Users-Account” and “Yes”.
- Finally, select “Never Notify” and perform a quick system reboot.
Solution 3: Uninstall the Second Copy Of Your QuickBooks Desktop
Having the same version of the QuickBooks Desktop Installed on the system causes trouble in the update process and hence result in QuickBooks Update Error.
Therefore, it is advised to remove any second copy of the QB desktop from your system to prevent the QB Update Error. Follow these:
- First, visit “Control Panel”.
- Next, locate/open “Uninstall a Program”.
- From the list, check if there is a duplicate installation of the same QB Desktop version.
- At last, if yes, then uninstall it right away.
Read More: Virtual Bookkeeping
Solution 4: Running QuickBooks With Administrative Rights
An invalid or no administrative rights interfere with the QuickBooks functionality. Therefore, try launching the QuickBooks by implementing administrative rights to prevent any QuickBooks Update Error. Here’s how:
- Firstly, ensure to close all the background running programs and perform a reboot.
- Thereafter, sign-in on the system as admin.
- Next, locate the “QuickBooks.exe” on your desktop.
- Afterward, right-tap it and select “Run as Admin”.
- Finally, the QuickBooks Update Error should be resolved by now, or else move to the next solution.
Solution 5: Using QuickBooks Tool Hub
The QuickBooks Tool Hub was developed by Intuit for the sole reason of diagnosing and treating the QuickBooks error appropriately.
It contains multiple in-built tools that are effective in treating various errors in QuickBooks including the Update Error. Here’s how:
- Firstly, exit from QuickBooks and download “QuickBooks Tool Hub”.
- Thereafter, install the “QB-Tool Hub” by performing the necessary steps as directed.
- Next, launch it and navigate the “Program” section.
- Afterward, hit “QuickFix My Program” and any program-related issue will be fixed.
- Moreover, use the “QB Installation-Diag Tool” to troubleshoot any installation issue that may cause the update error.
These were some of the common solutions that are practiced to fix QuickBooks won’t update and various other QuickBooks Update Error Codes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How to Fix QuickBooks Error Permanently?
Fix QuickBooks Error using these methods:
- Firstly, by downloading and utilizing the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Secondly, via QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Next, through Windows Update.
- Finally, by manually fixing your Windows components.
Q2. What is the Immediate Update Method of QuickBooks?
To force update your QuickBooks follow:
- Firstly, launch your QuickBooks and visit “Help menu”.
- Thereafter, hit “Update QuickBooks“.
- Next, tap “Update-Now”.
- Finally, select updates from the list and hit “Get-Updates”.
Q3. What do the error codes indicate in QuickBooks?
Error codes happen when the user faces any QuickBooks-related issue such as installation, update, payroll, connectivity, etc.
Furthermore, the error codes contain a number value that helps users to determine the error category to ensure applying the correct solution to it.
Q4. How to bypass QuickBooks Update?
To bypass QuickBooks Update, perform these:
- First, launch “QuickBooks”.
- Then, visit “Help” and tap “Update-QuickBooks”.
- Next, hit “Option” and locate “Automatic Update”.
- Now, configure the setting as “No”.
- Finally, tap “Save”.