Users face script errors in QuickBooks which are not just frustrating for them. It can even stop the application from functioning. Additionally, QuickBooks Script Error does not provide any information and displays an error message that is difficult to comprehend.
If you’ve experienced this error, you’ll be confused regarding the reason for its presence. Accessing your company’s files will cause this frustrating error. In QBs, it happens when you visit the web page but you are unable to load it, it indicates that there is an issue with your script.
There’s no reason to be concerned as this error has nothing to do with the safety of the site or security. It is only due to Internet configurations for the browser. The issue is not major, but it could cause a good amount of stress.
We will explain the causes of the issue, their effects, and permanent troubleshooting procedures for Script Error QuickBooks in this article.
What is a Script Error in QuickBooks?
Factors That Give Rise To QuickBooks Script Error
This error is caused by a variety of factors. The most common causes of the issue are listed here.
- Processing of scripts is restricted or is disabled.
- A malware or virus infection has caused your system to crash on QuickBooks script error line 299.
- Already, there are account numbers and names in place.
- ActiveX components are missing or damaged.
- A problem with scripts that isn’t normal occurs on one site.
Once we have identified the cause after identifying the causes, we will move on to fixing the QuickBooks pro 2016 script error. We’ve listed the simplest ways to fix these types of QuickBooks errors.
Repair QuickBooks Script Error: 6 Quick Methods
To fix the QuickBooks script error, it is recommended to alter Internet Explorer settings. Troubleshooting isn’t difficult and does not require any complex repairing techniques.
Solution 1: Clear Internet Explorer’s Cache Data
You should erase your Internet Explorer’s cookie and cache in the event of such an error.
- Begin with clicking “Tools” on your default browser.
- Then, click “Internet Options.”
- Select “General.”
- Then, you can click “Delete” within the “Browsing History” tab.
- Select the checkbox in the section “Cookies, History, Website Data, Temporary Internet Files.”
- Click on “Apply” and “OK” respectively.
Solution 2: Disabling Internet Explorer Add-ons
- You must open Internet Explorer first.
- Select “Internet Options” under “Tools.”
- Click “Manage Add-ons” under “Programs.”
- Select “Disable” from the “Add-on” menu.
- Then, click “OK” and close “Internet Explorer.”
More to Know: Resolve QuickBooks Error PS077 Easily
Solution 3: QuickBooks Disable Script Error Notifications
Make sure you disable the script error notification prior to beginning the process of fixing.
- Begin the process by loading “Internet Explorer.”
- Click on “Tools.”
- Select “Internet Options” first, then tap “Advanced.”
- Click on the “Clear Notification for Script Errors” button.
- Click “OK” at the end to save your modifications.
Solution 4: Internet Explorer SSL Clear Certificates
- To begin, click on the Gear icon.
- Choose “Internet.”
- Then, you’ll need to click “Clear SSL State” at the bottom of the menu.
- Lastly, keep the most up-to-date changes & press OK at the end.
Solution 5: Mark Intuit as a Trusted Site
There is a way to correct the Script Error QuickBooks issue by adding intuit to your trusted websites list.
- Within Internet Explorer, select the icon for gear type.
- Then, then click “Tools” and then “Security.”
- Choose “Trusted Sites” and then click “Sites.”
- Next, type HTTPS ://*.intuit.com in the address field.
- Next, tap “Add Website”. You should also follow the same steps for “HTTPS://*.quickbooks.com”.
- Continue by tapping to close the “Trusted Site” window.
- Select “Miscellaneous” from “Custom Level” following that.
- Inside “Allow Cross-domain Requests,” select “Enable.” Then you hit “OK.”
- Click on “Apply” and “OK” to close the “Internet Options” window.
- In order for the changes to become effective, you must restart Internet Explorer.
Solution 6: Using the Compatibility View of Internet Explorer
- Launch “Internet Explorer.”
- On the “Settings” screen, select “Tools”.
- Then, click “Compatibility View.”
- To view all websites, click “Display all websites” in “Compatibility View”
- Lastly, close to saving the modifications.
Read More: Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
Solution 7: QuickBooks Tool Hub Use
In QuickBooks, the QuickBooks Hub Tool will be your best method of diagnosing QuickBooks problems. Make use of the tool as explained in the following section.
- Firstly, shut down all the background applications first.
- Secondly, launch QuickBooks Tool Hub on your computer.
- On the left sidebar, click on Program Problems.
- You have two choices available right now. For a quick fix to your program select the “Quick Fix ” tab.
- Click on OK.
- Lastly, access to QuickBooks and the company file.
This solutions handbook is a collection for anyone trying to eliminate this QuickBooks Script error from their system. From the reasons for existence to simple solutions for troubleshooting, the article has all. We hope you are able to grasp all the solutions above and solve such types of QB errors easily.