QuickBooks Payroll Software was made in order to offer assistance to bookkeepers and accountants of medium and small firms. It assists in handling payroll-related tasks and other accounting functions without spending much time. The program has powerful tools coupled with simple-to-use navigation using simple tabs.
This gives the chance to utilize advanced software without extensive technical knowledge. Because the software was designed using a specific programming language, It is very common to have issues in QuickBooks.
Even with this level of technological sophistication, QuickBooks Payroll software can resolve issues when it comes to functioning correctly. This can happen by a mismatch between the system requirements for the software and the requirements for the OS.
There could also be a problem with the registry files, files not found on the Windows system, an incorrect installation of QuickBooks Payroll, etc. There are however some errors that occur because of processes inside the software. One of the most commonly encountered QuickBooks Payroll Errors is given below.
In the following list, you will find common QBs payroll mistakes, the reasons for their existence to simple solutions, our content covers everything. Let’s begin now.
QuickBooks Payroll Software was created to help online bookkeeper and accountants in medium and small businesses.
QuickBooks Payroll Errors List
Here is a list of the most common QBs Payroll errors.
- QuickBooks Payroll Error PS107
- QBs Payroll Error PS033
- QBs Payroll PS058
- QuickBooks Payroll Code Error PS032
- QB Payroll Error PS077
- QuickBooks Error 15106
- Payroll Error 30159
- QuickBooks Update Error Code 17337
- Intuit QuickBooks Payroll Error 15102
- QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15241
Common QuickBooks Errors in Payroll: Causes
- Firstly, there is an error in the billing information.
- A problem with the QuickBooks Company file.
- There was a damaged tax table in the payroll folder.
- QuickBooks has not been used in the registration process.
- QuickBooks Payroll was updated to its latest version.
- Lastly, the EIN or Employer Identity Number is not valid.
Triggers to Identify QuickBooks Payroll Error
- Payroll liabilities are far greater than initially imagined.
- Costs associated with the payroll tax also rise.
- The balances of bank accounts appear to be in line.
- Tax returns on payroll submitted and filed display the absence of a balance, and there is no notice in the same manner.
How to Fix Payroll Mistakes in QuickBooks Online
There are several ways to fix the most common QuickBooks payroll errors. They are described below.
Method 1: Run a QBs Repair
- The first step is to tap on Start & select “Control Panel”
- Then double-click “Add or Remove” Programs
- After that, you must select the QB program.
- Next, click on “Change or Remove Program”.
- Within the QBs Installation window, click on the “Next” button
- Within the QB Maintenance Window, select Repair.
- Tap on “Next” and then click on the “Repair” button
- Finally, click on Finish to close the QuickBooks Maintenance Complete Window.
Method 2: CPS Folder Rename
Correct the QBs Payroll Tax Table before moving on to the next step. Next, find out if the problem has been solved or not. Should the error persist, follow these steps.
- Firstly, open My Computer and navigate to the following location: C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX\Components\Payroll\CPS.
- Next, you need to change CPS Folder’s name to “CPSOLD”.
- If the issue still persists, you need to update the QuickBooks Payroll Tax Table again.
Method 3: Disable UAC (User Account Control)
Follow these steps to modify UAC settings for Windows 10, 8.1, 8 & 7.
- Firstly, access the Run window with Ctrl + R on your keyboard.
- Then, type up “Control Panel”, & then select the OK tab.
- Next, select the tab User Accounts, and then go for Classic view.
- The final step is to return to the control panel for changing the user accounts settings tab and select never to notify.
Method 4: Uninstall & Reinstall QuickBooks
- Click the Microsoft Windows start button and select the Control Panel.
- Manually remove those QuickBooks install folders.
- C:Program files\Intuit
- C:Program Files\Common Files\ Intuit
- Drive C:\Documents and Settings\ All Users\Documents (Shared Documents) \ Intuit
- C:\Documents and Settings\ All Users\ Application Data\ Common Files\ Intuit
- C:\Documents and Settings\ All Users\ Application Data\ Intuit
It is easy to repair these errors by following the steps above.
Read More: QuickBooks Installation Errors Guide
We have put up every aspect related to QuickBooks Payroll errors. From reasons for existence, early indicators to easy troubleshooting methods, we have it all. Our team has reviewed more than 20 sources to come up with such content. We hope you get everything you need and are able to resolve all your QuickBooks payroll problems.