QuickBooks accounting software comes with a variety of options and tools. Yet, sometimes when trying to access company files, users may encounter QuickBooks company files that are not working due to a technical glitch or ignorance of the user. If the user is confronted with QuickBooks Company File Error Codes then the screen displays an error message. QuickBooks Error 6000 series and the company file becomes inaccessible and causes users to experience a lot of issues.
Therefore, we’ve compiled the complete QuickBooks Error 6000 series, along with their explanations and solutions to fix it. Let’s get started.
QuickBooks Error 6000 Codes: Reasons & Causes
There are a variety of circumstances that can cause QuickBooks 6000 series Errors. Read below for more.
User Account Control stops harmful software from impacting the system’s performance. Setting the UAC too high can cause problems. UAC can affect QuickBook’s function and can cause QB Company File Errors.
The role of antivirus is crucial in keeping your system free of danger. However, certain third-party antiviruses may misinterpret QB-related files as malware, resulting in QB Company File Errors.
Heavy Load On Company File
If the company file is being accessed by multiple users at the same time, the company file could be affected by an error. This could result in this Company File Error.
No Administrative Rights
Administrator rights are required to change anything in the system & company files. So, not having admin rights could cause QB 6XXXX QB 6XX Series Errors with Company Files
Damaged .TLG and .ND Files
.TLG files & .ND Files are essential to ensure the proper functioning of QuickBooks for accessing company data. Damage to these files could result in a QuickBooks Company File Error.
Incorrect Network Configuration
Because QuickBooks is dependent on internet connections, a wrong setting of the Internet could disrupt QuickBooks processes and result in the QuickBooks Can’t Open Company File Error.
Outdated Windows OS
If your system isn’t updated, it could be infected with threats and malware. Additionally, it can affect the performance of the system and triggers many errors like QuickBooks is unable to locate the company file.
Read More: Online Bookkeeping
Complete List Of QuickBooks Error 6000 Codes
QuickBooks Company File Errors appear with different codes, and each one of them relates to the issue users are facing. Find all of the QB Company File Errors codes below:
- QuickBooks Error Code 6129
- QuickBooks Error Code 6010 100
- QB Error Code 6144 304
- QB Error Code-6000, -832
- QuickBooks Error Code 6007
- QuickBooks Error 6000 83
- QB Error Code 6190
- QB Error Code 15215
- QuickBooks Error -6000 -77
- QuickBooks Error -6000, -832
- QB Error 6190 & 816
- QuickBooks Error 6000, -106
- QuickBooks Error Code 6123
- QB Error 6144, 82
- QB Error Code 6000, 301
- QuickBooks Error Code 6130
Solutions To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 Codes
Each of the QuickBooks Error 6000 codes may indicate an issue that is different. But, most of them can be resolved using the solutions listed below.
1. Verify the Folder Permissions
In order to use QuickBooks, allow for changes to folders. If permission for the folder is not granted, it can result in QuickBooks being unable to locate these types of errors. Therefore, check that you have the Windows Folder permission by:
- The first step is to visit the folder with the company file.
- Then, right-tap on the folder for company files and then tap “Properties”.
- After that, click “Security” followed by “Advanced”.
- Now, click “QBQDataServiceUserXXXX” along with “Edit”.
- After that, be sure to record these settings
- Read the attributes
- List Folder/Read Data
- Traverse Folder/Execute File
- Write the attributes
- Read the extended attributes
- Create Files/Write Data
- Create folders/append data
- Write extended attributes
- Read permissions
- Save changes and then continue to use QuickBooks Company File.
2. .TLG & .ND File Rename
There are a variety of reasons why .TLG or .ND files are often corrupted such as malware infection, technical issues, and heavy use, and more. This can result in QuickBooks Error 6000 series.
Additionally, changing the name & renaming the .ND or QuickBooks TLG file is a commonly used method to solve those with 6000 Series Company File Errors. Do these things:
- First, find the folder where documents of the company are stored.
- Then, search for the company file that is problematic with .ND.
- Then, tap your chosen .ND file and then press “Rename”.
- Then add .old in the name of the file you want to save.
- In the end, you must follow similar steps to change the name of your .TLG file.
3. Sample Company File Launch
As there are numerous causes of the QuickBooks error 6000 codes, the initial step users should try is to start an instance of the QuickBooks example company files.
It will determine if the problem is in the company file or QuickBooks itself. QuickBooks program itself. So, you can launch the sample company data file with:
- First, launch the “QuickBooks” application on your computer.
- Then, select “No Company” from the dashboard.
- Finally, hit “Open Sample File”.
4. QuickBooks Desktop Repair
Fixing your QuickBooks Desktop has helped various QB issues, like the QuickBooks Error Company File problem. Try this method:
- First, make sure you exit QuickBooks.
- Then you can select “Start”.
- Then, type in “Control Panel”.
- Hit “Program & Features”.
- Thereafter, tap “Uninstall Program”.
- A list of programs will be displayed. Select “QuickBooks” from there.
- After that, you can tap on it, followed by clicking “Uninstall”.
- Then, the uninstallation screen will appear.
- Make sure you select the “Repair/Radio” icon from it.
- Then, click “Next” and finish repairing the QuickBooks software.
- Then, restart the computer and look to see if you have any QB Company File Error.
5. QuickBooks File Doctor Use
It is the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool that automatically examines and corrects almost all QuickBooks errors.
Additionally, the QB File doctor repair tool can be used via QuickBooks Tool Hub. This is how:
- First, download “QuickBooks Tool-Hub” on your computer.
- Then, install the appropriate software and launch.
- Next, go to “Company-File Issues”.
- Then, tap on the “Run QuickBooks File-Doctor” tab.
- After that, press “Browse” and choose the Company file with an error.
- Then, press “Diagnose File” and perform the instructions.
- Next, you must tap on “Administrative Credentials”.
- Select between “Workstation, Host, Server” according to your preference.
- In the end, the QuickBooks File Doctor will fix any company file error.
6. QuickBooks Desktop Update
Updates to QuickBooks Desktop not only offer bug fixes but also the most recent tools and enhancements over the previous version.
Additionally, the QuickBooks Desktop Update helps rectify any errors in the company file and can be completed either manually or automatically. This is how:
Method 1: Manual Update
To manually update the QB Desktop, users have to follow these steps:
- In the first place, you must access administrator credentials.
- After that, open “QuickBooks Desktop”.
- Next, press “File Menu” from the top of the screen and choose “Company/Log-off”.
- After that, click “Exit” and tap right on the “QB Desktop” icon.
- Select “Run as Admin” and grant permissions.
- Then, go to “No Company-Open” and tap “Help”.
- Click “Update-QuickBooks” followed by choosing “Options”.
- After that, tap “No” and tap “Mark All”.
- Click “Save” and choose “Update-Now”.
- Now, press “Reset-Updates” followed by hitting “Get-Updates”.
- If updates are available, download or install them.
If you wish to download the QuickBooks update in a timely manner, follow method 2.
Method 2: Automatic Update
Upgrade your QuickBooks Desktop automatically by performing these steps:
- First, start “QuickBooks-Desktop”.
- Then, go to “Help” and tap “Update-QuickBooks”.
- Then, choose “Yes” to enable “Automatic Update”.
The QuickBooks software will check for updates automatically and download any updates that are available.
Read More: Fix QuickBooks Error 9999 Easily
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What causes QuickBooks files to become corrupted?
Here are a few of the many causes that can cause corruption of QuickBooks files.
- Malware attacks on the system may erase one important database which can lead to the loss of QB-related files.
- A lack of RAM or storage can cause QuickBooks to function poorly, which results in file corruption.
- Any technical issue, such as an incompatible cable or hard disk failure Internet connectivity, etc.
Q2. How can I get my QuickBooks company data?
Restoring the QuickBooks company file requires users to complete the following steps:
- First, open “QuickBooks Desktop” where you want to restore the QB Company File.
- After that, you can visit “File-Menu” from the QB dashboard.
- Then, select “Open or Restore-Company”.
- After that you can that “Restore A Backup Copy” followed by pressing “Next”.
- Choose “Local-Backup” and click “Next” immediately after that.
- Then, search for the backup company file, and select it from the location.
Q3. How can I fix an unrepaired company file in QuickBooks?
To repair the Company File that is corrupted using QuickBooks Desktop. Follow these steps:
- First, open “QuickBooks-Desktop” and tap on “File Menu”.
- After that, go to “Utilities” to choose “Rebuild-Data”.
- Now, from the “Product Information” tab, hit “Ok”.
- Then, the tool will then begin to repair your damaged file.
- After the repair, click on “Ok” at last.