Quickbooks accounting software is known for handling the financial tasks of companies fastly, securely, and accurately. Be it small, medium, or established business, Quickbooks helps all with its incredible features and tools. However, it is prone to technical issues such as Quickbooks Error 6000 77.
You might witness this error while accessing the company file. And because of this problem, you can’t open or work in your company file. This will ultimately make your entire task suddenly stop. Moreover, it also throws various pop-ups messages on your screen making users irritated.
Also, if you delay the troubleshooting process of this critical error, then it will affect your system and damage the data. So, repairing this nagging error should be your initial priority if you want to resume work soon.
Let’s explore what causes Quickbooks Error 6000 77 and how to counter it permanently.
Reasons Triggering QuickBooks Error 6000, 77
There are some reasons behind the occurrence of the Quickbooks Error Code (-6000, -77). It is equally important to identify the causes before applying the fixation steps. This is because it helps you understand what mistakes can be prevented to bring this error back. The causes are:
- Lacking proper authorization to the system server is responsible for causing Quickbooks Error -6000, -77.
- Damaged/broken/corrupt company files.
- QuickBooks is outdated.
- Invalid installation of QB.
- Some files are either missing or lost.
- The company file is in the external storage rather than in a local drive/network.
- QuickBooks is functioning in multi-user mode leading to a communication problem with the files.
Fixing Quickbooks Error 6000 77: Advanced Solutions
We all know that, if your accounting software breaks down even for few hours then multiple issues come up. It can lead to hassle and other disastrous events.
To avoid such a situation, the next part of this post contains the best-advanced solutions to rectify this error. Let’s go through each troubleshooting technique one by one.
Technique 1: Renaming Files With.TLG and.ND Extensions
Rewriting the.ND and.TLG files assist in the files’ configuration. It allows Quickbooks to access the company files in multi-user mode. You can complete this process by the following steps:
- Firstly, visit the folder keeping your company file and open it.
- Locate the files that have similar names as your company files.TLG and.ND extensions. For example- Quickbooks.qbw.TLG and Quickbooks.qbw.ND.
- Choose the file containing the “.ND/.TLG” extension and right-tap on it. Choose ”Rename”.
- Add “.Old” in the company filename’s end. Hit “Enter”. (Example: Quickbooks.qbw.tlg.old and Quickbooks.qbw.nd.OLD
Technique 2: Quickbooks File Doctor
Intuit designed Quickbooks File Doctor to counter multiple QB errors that trouble users. This powerful tool saves your patience, cost, and effort as it works automatically. You can make use of this incredible tool by the following instructions:
- Firstly, visit Inuit’s site. Initiate downloading Tool Hub.
- Now launch it.
- Once you open it, navigate to the tab named- “Company File Issues”.
- Then, tap on an icon that looks like a green wrench, it is “Run Quickbooks File Doctor”.
- Once done, find your company file showing errors and click “Repair”.
- After clicking “Repair” the tool will self-diagnose and repair the error. Also, after the process is concluded, you will receive a notification.
Technique 3: Conducting a Clean Install
The clean install tool eradicates the corrupt and broken company files. The instructions are:
- First of all, access “Tool Hub”.
- Visit the section “Installation Issues”.
- Moving on, tap on “Clean Install”.
- At last, the clean install process will initiate a scan and after that, you can resume all tasks.
Technique 4: Clear Spaces, Unique Characters or Symbols from QB Company File Name
If your company file name involves any symbol, space, or unique character then you may get Quickbooks error -6000 -77. Clear them by following the next instructions:
- Firstly, close QuickBooks.
- Locate your company file, then right-tap on the same.
- Moving on, choose “Rename”.
- Now verify if your filename involves any unique character, symbol, or blank space. If yes, then remove them.
- Finally, open the QB file and start completing your daily tasks.
Technique 5: Relocate the Company File
This troublesome issue also happens when there is some kind of issue with the location of the file. Here, you have to relocate your file. The steps are:
- First of all, navigate to the location of the company file.
- Right-tap on the respective company file. After that choose the option “Copy”.
- Now, on your desktop, paste the file.
- Then, open QuickBooks then hit the tab on “File”.
- Select the tab “Open or Restore Company”.
- Finally, browse the company file and see if the Quickbooks error code 6000 77 is gone or not.
Technique 6: Using UNC Path Instead of the Mapped Drive
- Right-tap on the QB icon.
- Hold “Ctrl”.
- Choose the option named “Run as Administrator”.
- Keep holding “Ctrl” until your display shows the “No Company Open” screen.
Note: Hold the “Ctrl key“, because it stops QB to automatically open a company file.
- Go to “File”.
- Choose the option “Open or Restore Company”.
- Click “Open a Company File”.
- Hit “Next”.
- At last, tap on the option named “Network” settings. Now you can navigate to the location of your company file.
Note: If you can’t find the company file folder then set folder permissions.
Technique 7: Re-creating the Damaged Folder
- Make a fresh folder inside the C:\ drive.
- Access the folder having the saved company file data.
- Find the “.qbw” file.
- Moving on, right-tap on your “.Qbw” file. Choose “Copy”
- Now, make a fresh folder by right-clicking from the mouse and choosing “New” then “Folder”.
- Thereafter, in the fresh folder, paste “.qbw file”.
- Generate an “Access” along with the windows permissions to make the company file shareable.
- At last, open the QB file using the new location.
Technique 8: Restore a Backup
In case, your company file could not be accessed, then restore a backup first. This will help you understand if the issue is with existing company files or not.
Restore a Backup by the Following Steps:
- Firstly verify that your system isn’t hosting.
- Access company file.
- Go to the option “File” and choose “Utilities”.
- If you see the option “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access”:
- Choose “Stop Hosting Multi-user access”.
- Inside “Stop Hosting Multi-user access”, choose “YES”.
- Inside “The Company File Must Be Closed”, hit “YES”.
- Verify the company file path and ensure that the word limit is under 210 characters:
- Navigate to the company file’s location.
- From the address bar, copy the path.
- On a notepad, paste it and count the characters along with the spaces.
- Try to restore the company file again.
Technique 9: Closing all QB Processes
- In this step, you are required to log in via administrative rights on the server system.
- Then, hold “Ctrl+Shift+Esc” simultaneously. It will access a tab “Task Manager”.
- Now select “Users” and show the processes.
- Thereafter, highlight the following QuickBooks process (Qbupdate.exe, QBW32.EXE, and QBDBMgr.exe).
- Choose “End Task”.
- At last, open the QB company file via multi-user mode.
Technique 10: Check The Hosting is Activated
- In this method, you need to check if hosting is already activated.
- Press “F2”, this will open the Item Info window.
- Find the details “Local Web Server”. Hosting has to be turned off.
- Finally, check if the Quickbooks error 6000 77 is gone or not.
Quickbooks like other accounting software shows technical errors. This post contains 10 best-advanced solutions to rectify Quickbooks error 6000 77. These methods will definitely fix this nuisance error from its root source. Also, once you apply these solutions, you can stop this error from coming back again.
We believe, at least a few out of 10 methods will completely kick out the issue. However, if you need any kind of guidance from professionals then the QB support number is 24*7 available. Dial the contact number and get your problem resolved instantly.
Also, feel free to share any additional tips or thoughts down below to encourage other readers.