QuickBooks accounting software offers numerous features and tools that help users in simplifying their financial activities. Even so, at times, while trying to access the company files, users often encounter QuickBooks company file errors due to some technical issue or user ignorance.
When the user faces QuickBooks Company File Error Codes, the screen displays the QuickBooks Error 6XXX series and the company file becomes unusable, causing users a lot of trouble.
Thus, we’ve prepared a list of complete QuickBooks Company File Error codes along with their causes and some solutions that are appropriate for it. So let’s begin.
Causes for QuickBooks Company File Errors
There are several conditions that lead to QuickBooks Company File Errors and they are:
Third-party Antivirus – Antivirus plays a crucial role in keeping the system out of risk. However, some third-party antivirus can misidentify some QB-related files as malware and thus resulting in QB Company File Errors.
UAC Settings – User Account Control prevents harmful software from affecting the system performance. A high setting of the UAC often affects the QuickBooks functionality and causes the QB Company File Error.
No Administrative Rights – Admin rights are necessary to make any changes in the system along with company files. Therefore, having no admin rights contributes to QB 6XXX Series Company File Error.
Heavy Load On Company File – In case the company file is accessed via multiple users at the same time, the company file may encounter an error. Thus, causing the Company File Error.
Outdated Windows OS – If the system is not up to date, it can experience malware and threats. Moreover, it affects the system’s functionalities and causes various errors such as QuickBooks can’t find your company file.
Damaged .TLG and .ND Files – .TLG files and .ND Files are a must for the optimal functioning of QuickBooks in accessing company files. Any damage to these files will lead to the QuickBooks Company File Error.
Incorrect Network Configuration: Since QuickBooks requires internet connectivity, an incorrect configuration of the network may interrupt QuickBooks processes and thus cause the QuickBooks Won’t Open Company File Error.
QuickBooks Company File Errors Codes Compilation
QuickBooks Company File Errors appear with different codes and each of these codes holds the specified issue that the user faces. Check the complete list of QB Company File Errors codes below:
|QuickBooks Company File Errors Codes||General Occurrence|
|QuickBooks Error Code 6010 100||Due to a network issue|
|QuickBooks Error Code-6000, -832||While accessing the company file in QB Desktop|
|QuickBooks Error -6000, -82|
|QuickBooks Error 6000, -106|
|QB Error Code 6000, 301||While opening a damaged company file.|
|QB Error Code 6144 304||Due to an unexpected shutdown of the company file|
|QuickBooks Error Code 6007|
|QuickBooks Error Code 6190 & 816|
|QuickBooks Error Code 15215||When the digital signature can’t be verified.|
|QuickBooks Error Code 6073||While opening a company file on single-user mode.|
|QuickBooks Error Code 6130|
|QB Error Code 6150|
|QB Error 6144, 82||Due to corrupt QuickBooks download|
|QuickBooks Error Code 6129||When verification of database fails.|
Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Company File Errors Codes
Each of the above-listed QuickBooks Company File Errors codes indicates a different issue. However, the majority of them are fixable via the below-mentioned solutions.
Solution 1: Try Launching Sample Company File
Since there are many factors that result in the QuickBooks Company File Errors Codes, the first solution that users must perform is to launch the QuickBooks sample company file.
It ensures if the issue is with the company file or with the QuickBooks application itself. Therefore, launch the sample company file by:
- Firstly, launch the “QuickBooks” application on your system.
- Thereafter, tap “No Company” from the dashboard.
- Finally, hit “Open Sample-File”.
Solution 2: Repair QuickBooks Desktop
Repairing the QuickBooks Desktop has helped various QB errors including the QuickBooks Error 6000 Company File issue. Perform these:
- Firstly, ensure to exit from QuickBooks.
- Thereafter, click “Start”.
- Next, search “Control Panel”.
- Hit “Program & Features”.
- Thereafter, tap “Uninstall Program”.
- Now, a list of programs will appear on the screen. Locate “QuickBooks” from there.
- Afterward, tap on it followed by clicking “Uninstall”.
- Next, the uninstallation screen will emerge.
- Ensure to select the “Repair/Radio” icon from it.
- Thereafter, hit “Next” and finish repairing the QuickBooks software.
- Finally, reboot the PC and check for the QB Company File Error.
Read More: Virtual accounting
Solution 3: Verifying Folder Permissions
Utilizing the QuickBooks requires changes in folders and if the folder permission is denied, it leads to QuickBooks can’t find your company file Error. Hence, verify the Windows Folder permission by:
- Firstly, visit the folder that contains your company file.
- Next, right-tap on the company file folder and tap “Properties”.
- Thereafter, hit “Security” followed by tapping “Advanced”.
- Now, click “QBQDataServiceUserXXXX” along with “Edit”.
- Afterward, ensure to mark the following settings:
- – Read attributes
- – List Folder/Read Data
- – Traverse Folder/Execute File
- – Write attributes
- – Read extended attributes
- – Create Files/Write Data
- – Create folder/Append data
- – Write extended attributes
- – Read permissions
- Finally, save changes and continue using the QuickBooks Company File.
Solution 4: Renaming .TLG and .ND Files
The .TLG and .ND files often get corrupted due to many reasons such as malware infection, technical reasons, heavy usage etc. resulting in QuickBooks company Files Error codes.
Moreover, renaming the .ND and QuickBooks TLG file is a mostly used solution that helps treat the 6000 Series Company File Errors. Follow these:
- Firstly, locate/visit the folder where the company files are kept.
- Thereafter, look/select for the troublesome company file having .ND mentioned in last.
- Now, right-tap on the selected .ND file and hit “Rename”.
- Afterward, add .old to the existing name of the selected file.
- Finally, perform the same steps for renaming the .TLG file.
Solution 5: Update QuickBooks Desktop
Updating QuickBooks Desktop not only offers bug fixes but also provides the latest tools and improvements over the previous version.
Moreover, the QuickBooks Desktop Update helps rectify any company file error and can be done manually as well as automatically. Here’s how:
Method 1: Manual Update
In order to manually update the QB Desktop, users must perform these:
- Firstly, ensure to access admin credentials.
- Thereafter, launch “QuickBooks Desktop”.
- Next, hit “File Menu” from the top and select “Company/Log-off”.
- Afterward, hit “Exit” and tap right on the “QB Desktop” icon.
- Choose “Run as-Admin” and grant permissions.
- Thereafter, visit “No Company-Open” and tap “Help”.
- Now, click “Update-QuickBooks” followed by choosing “Options”.
- Then, select “No” and tap “Mark All”.
- Afterward, click “Save” and choose “Update-Now”.
- Now, hit “Reset-Updates” followed by hitting “Get-Updates”.
- Finally, if the updates are available, download/install them.
In case you want to download the QuickBooks update automatically, follow method 2.
Method 2: Automatic Update
Update the QuickBooks Desktop automatically by performing these simple steps:
- At first, start “QuickBooks-Desktop”.
- Thereafter, visit “Help” and tap “Update-QuickBooks”.
- Next, select “Yes” to enable “Automatic-Update”.
Now, the QuickBooks software will automatically check and download any available updates.
Solution 6: Running QuickBooks File Doctor Repairing Tool
The QuickBooks File Doctor Tool automatically analyzes and treats any QuickBooks Company File-related error resulting in saving precious time for users.
Furthermore, the QB File doctor repair tool can be utilized through QuickBooks Tool Hub. Here’s how:
- Firstly, download “QuickBooks Tool-Hub” on your system.
- Thereafter, appropriate install and launch it.
- Next, visit “Company-File Issues”.
- Then, hit “Run QuickBooks File-Doc”.
- Afterward, hit “Browse” and choose the troublesome Company file.
- Now, hit “Diagnose File” and perform instructions.
- Thereafter, provide “Administrative Credentials”.
- Choose from “Workstation, Host, Server” accordingly.
- Finally, the QuickBooks File Doctor will fix any residing company file error.
Helpful Tips To Prevent QuickBooks Company File Errors
Even though the 6000 series company file errors are fixable, it still brings trouble to users and decreases their work productivity.
Therefore, consider the following tips to prevent the reappearance of the troublesome QuickBooks Company File Errors.
Exit QuickBooks Appropriately – The QuickBooks Company File Errors generally appear when users shut down their system before closing the QuickBooks appropriately. Hence, ensure if the company file is closed and then exit QuickBooks.
Keep The Admin Credentials Handy – In order to utilize the company file, it is essential that you possess the admin credentials. Otherwise, the QB Company file errors may appear on your system.
Always Keep Your Windows OS Updated – It is recommended to timely check for your Windows OS update to make your system free from bugs and errors that may contribute to QB 6000 Company file error occurrence.
Configuring Firewall/Antivirus – Windows Firewall and the antivirus can easily misidentify QB as a threat and result in the company file error. Therefore, always make QuickBooks an exception for the Firewall and Antivirus.
Read Also: QuickBooks Error Codes
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Why can’t QuickBooks find my company file?
QuickBooks usually can’t locate the company file when users move or rename their company files or if the company file gets deleted accidentally.
Moreover, if the system loses connection from the company file location, users ask where is my QuickBooks company file?
Q2. How do I restore my QuickBooks company file?
Restoring the QuickBooks company file requires users to perform the subsequent steps:
- Firstly, launch “QuickBooks Desktop” where you wish to restore the QB Company File.
- Thereafter Visit “File-Menu” from the QB dashboard.
- Now, choose “Open or Restore-Company”.
- Afterward, tap “Restore A Backup-Copy” followed by tapping “Next”.
- Then, choose “Local-Backup” and click “Next” after that.
- Finally, browse for the backup company file and choose it from its destination.
Q3. Why do QuickBooks files get corrupted?
Following are some of the numerous factors that lead to the corruption of QuickBooks files.
- Working for a long period of time on QuickBooks.
- Malware attack on the system might remove some important database that leads to QB file corruption
- Insufficient RAM or storage causes QuickBooks to perform poorly and thus causes file corruption.
- Any technical issue such as faulty cable, hard disk error, internet connectivity, etc.
Q4. How do I repair a corrupted company file in QuickBooks?
In order to repair a corrupted Company File via QuickBooks Desktop, follow:
- Firstly, launch “QuickBooks-Desktop” and tap “File-Menu”.
- Thereafter, visit “Utilities” to choose “Rebuild-Data”.
- Now, from the “Product-Information” tab, hit “Ok”.
- Afterward, the tool will start repairing your corrupted file.
- Finally, after the repair, hit “Ok”.
Q5. How do I fix QuickBooks Error 6000?
QuickBooks Error 6000 indicates the company file error and you can resolve it simply by performing these steps:
- Firstly, through restoring a backup.
- Secondly, by configuring your firewall and antivirus settings.
- Next, via opening your company file from another location.
- Lastly, renaming the .TLG and .ND files.